Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Caterina Valente..320 Kbps


Another first class effort from Caterina...I wish it was the "Stereo"version...in the early 60's when most of these "Decca" releases were bought if I remember it was quite an effort for the record shops to stock "Stereo" versions unless you asked for them....it was in the late 60's I think that they began to stock both the "Stereo" and The "Mono" versions as part of their ordering system.....Back to the L/P with "Johnny Keating & His Orch" this swings like the big bands of the 50's !!!

1. I Happen To Like New York
2. Lullaby Of Broadway
3. Autumn In New York
4. Chinatown My Chinatown
5. Somethings Coming

1. New York New York / Manhattan Serenade
2. Broadway
3. Sidewalks Of New York
4. Take the A Train
5. Oh Lawd I'm On My Way



    2. Lullaby Of Broadway

5 comments:

  1. Many thanks espo for re-listing this one.
    I thought this album would be good, it's not. it's great.
    Thanks is due in many ways to Johnny Keating's great charts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks for the music

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until seeing this album cover, I never realized how tall she is. She would have needed to bend down to look into the windows of the Brill building. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete