Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 October 2023

Boots Randolph.

I always thought that "Boots Randolph" was a "Modern Jazz" instrumentalist with the sound of "MJQ" and all the "Jazz" Improvisation" musicians ....But was pleasantly surprised when I heard this L/P from my sister !!...Its a great one with a great sound...It does say on the back that it was recorded in "Nashville" so maybe I was right and "Boots" was having a night off from all the "Improvisions " !!!!!......It certainly does swing !!!

This was first posted in 2018....just checked on Wikipedia...seems I completly got it wrong.....

Homer Louis "Boots" Randolph III (June 3, 1927 – July 3, 2007) was an American musician best known for his 1963 saxophone hit "Yakety Sax" (which became Benny Hill's signature tune). Randolph was a major part of the "Nashville sound" for most of his professional career.

1. Gentle On My Mind
2. Flowers On The Wall
3. Mickey's Tune
4. Jackson
5. Elusive Butterfly
6. Crackety Jacks

 1. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
2. I'll Just Walk Away
3. Don't Touvh Me
4. All The Time
5. Make The World Go Away
6. Green Green Grass Of Home


          4. Jackson

1 comment: