Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 September 2016

The Betty Smith Quintet

Now here's a rare find !!...Betty was a English saxophone player that lived in my home town of "Leicestershire"....so in essence here is a EP that was recorded in England in 1957  travelled all the way to USA and then made its way back to this "English Blog" in "Flac" form !!....Its a great retrospect EP...and it shows that in the 50's the influence of the "American" popular songs !!

1. There's A Blue Ridge Round My Heart Virginia
2. Who's Sorry Now
3. Everything Is Peaches Down in Georgia
4.  Because My Baby Don't Mean Maybe Now

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Espo. I only had four tracks of Betty Smith in my library, now I have eight!
    Betty was once billed as "the girl with sax appeal".
    I'll be doing a post on Betty hopefully next year on her birthday!
    Betty Smith, saxophonist and entertainer, born 6 July 1929; died 21 January 2011
    Regards, Bob

    ReplyDelete