Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Ann Richards

Another great voice that I have not heard before....well worth a listen if you haven't heard of her great jazz voice !!....definately a 100*** (Star) recommendation

 Ann Richards, an excellent singer who was married to Stan Kenton for a few years, only recorded a few solo albums before slipping away into obscurity. Ann, Man! is her most intimate date, a quartet set with trumpeter Jack Sheldon, guitarist Barney Kessel, bassist Red Callender, and drummer Larry Bunker. Four of the songs (including "There's a Lull in My Life" and "You Go to My Head") are duets with Kessel. Richards shows off her versatility and sensitivity on this well-rounded set, swinging lightly and singing with restrained emotions. It is a pity that she did not have a prosperous career, for the talent was definitely there

 Richards committed suicide on April 1, 1982 in Hollywood, dying at age 46 from a gunshot wound.......

Shame about that !....what a waste of talent !!

1. Yes Sir That's My Baby
2. An Occasional Man
3. There's a Lull In my Life
4. The Masquerade Is Over
5. You Go To My Head
6. Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby

1. And That's All
2. Bewitched
3. Evil Gal Blues
4. Love Is a Word For The Blues
5. How Do I Look In Blue
6. I Couldn't Sleep A Wink Last Night





08 -bewitched.mp3

3 comments: