Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 April 2017

Jaki Whitren.320 Kbps

Re-Post

  I am very glad that I started this blog because of all the great music that I am re-discovering....L/P's that I havn't played for years bringing back loads of memories....True I could have played them at any time but doing this Blog means that I have to listen to every track whilst recording them and it's Great !!....This L/P when I first got it was never off the turntable for quite some time....in the 70's when this was recorded when Jaki was about 19 there was no "Internet" were you could go and find out about any artists so I didn't know much about her..now you can "Google" her and get all the information that you want ...and that's what I did and glad that I did...the video's above is what she is doing today and Boy does she sound just as good as she did nearly 40 years ago when she made this L/P....I urge those of you who want to hear a fresh New Voice to have a download and see what you think !!..Take note of "Give Her A Day" and "Human Failure"...FANTASTIC...And she wrote all the songs herself except one !!

1. New Horizon
2. Oh Little Boy
3. A Little Bit Extra Please
4. Country Life
5. To A Friend Through A Friend
6. But Which Way Do I Go

1. Give Her The Day
2. Ain't It Funny
3. I've Thought Hard About It
4. As That Evening Sun Goes Down
5. Human Failure
6. Running All The Time 

08. Ain't It Funny.mp3

2 comments:

  1. A truly undiscovered talent who worked long in the background and never achieved much fame.sadly she died in November 2016.

    ReplyDelete